Tuesday 22 March 2016

My MAC Lipstick Collection | FreshOutTheRunway

Mac lipstick; the classic lipstick every beauty blogger has at least one of in their collection! We all can relate to the fresh vanilla scent that beams out when we open the lid. I love a lipstick that stays on all day long and doesn't make my lips feel insanely dry, which Mac lipsticks are great at!
The lipsticks retail at £15.50 each, the collection is huge. Walking into Mac is like walking into a heaven full of lipsticks, it's every makeup lovers dream! I remember standing at the counter in Orlando airport when I was on holiday in Florida, deciding what lipstick will be my first, ever since I've hooked. It's really hard to choose a shade, you walk in expecting to buy nothing; next thing you know you're buying 3 lipsticks, I know I've done it...
In my collection, I have 6 shades:
(left to right)

Please Me (matte)
Mac describes this shade as a 'muted rosy tinted pink'. This shade is gorgeous, its the perfect pink! It's bright and it's bold, Please Me is a shade which I like to wear in the Spring/Summer. It adds a pop of colour to the lips, but still keeps it fresh.

Brave (satin)
Brave is a shade that I had heard ALOT of good things, it's the pink which suits everyone! I wore Brave a lot through the winter months. Mac describes this shade to be 'pink beige with white pearl'. Also, Brave will be great in the summer too, it's an all around year shade!

- Velvet Teddy (matte)
Or shall I say the Kylie Jenner shade! I have to admit, I only got this shade due to the hype it was getting from Kylie. I love the colour and it is a shade which can be applied to go with any outfit. It's described on Mac as 'deep toned beige' which I totally agree with. It's got hints of pink and beige intertwined in it. On my lips it looks orange/beige but on my friend it looks pink toned. Velvet Teddy is defiantly a shade that looks different on everyone!

I LOVE this shade! This shade is from the Viva Glam collection that Ariana collaborated with Mac to create (she did a great job). This shade is the perfect plum shade for winter. It's a deep purple/plum. The shade looks magnificent on the lips. However, I like to use a lip liner to line my lips first as its so dark.

- Rebel (satin)
Rebel was my first ever Mac purchase. It is a bright purple with hints of pink. The shade looks completely different on the lips than in the tube. In the tube, it looks like a dark purple, yet on the lips it is a lot lighter. Yet again, Rebel is a lipstick shade that looks completely different on everyone. Mac describes this shade to be 'mid-tonal cream plum'.

Amorous (satin)
Mac describe this shade beautifully; 'Love struck Cranberry'. This shade is perfect for an autumn/winter look. It has hints of red and cranberry and would look amazing with a cranberry smoky eye! I have been loving this colour through the winter months.

Mac lipsticks overall are great! The matte shades are one of the only formulas I have found to not dry out my lips! I also love how they glide on perfectly, without going patchy. The packaging is great, I have dropped the lipsticks plenty of times and they have never broke. I especially love the Viva Glam packaging; the red band around lipstick adds that extra touch!

Links:

Love, Chloe x