Sunday 27 March 2016

Products I Won't Be Buying Again | FreshOutTheRunway


I've defiantly purchased a fair amount of makeup products and some have either been disappointing or not what I believed they were. Makeup is a product that anyone can use, there's so much out there it's hard to tell what's going to be good or bad!
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Contour Cream Kit in Light
I've used this palette around 5-6 times, when I first used this palette I loved it, it blended well and didn't leave a cakey finish on my face. However, the second time I completely hated it! I feel like the cream began to dry up and were really hard to blend with a beauty blender on my face. Also, I tried to apply the cream with a makeup brush and that did leave a cakey finish, which made my pores extremely visible. The cream colours are okay, they aren't great for very fair people like myself, but I do believe that ABH have brought put a very fair kit. I was really disappointed as the ABH products that I have are amazing, but I am going to mix a serum in with the creams and hopefully that will help to blend the creams into my skin (I'll keep you updated).
 Natural Collection - Concealer
The Natural Collection brand is from Boots and is highly affordable. So I thought I would try their concealer, since I love their lip gloss. Nope I shouldn't of bought this. It's extremely hard to blend around the eyes, which isn't great and can leave a waxy finish. The shade I bought was in 'fair', it's not fair. It's got an orange tint and didn't match with my skin tone.
No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter
The No7 is a brand that has been raved about around the world. From skin care to makeup, it's great. So based upon those reviews I decided to buy the Instant Radiance Highlighter. I was hoping that this would be a dupe for the Benefit highlighter stick, however it wasn't. The product may be easy to apply, but it is very hard to blend on the skin. Even after blending for around 5 minuets, I still had a stripe of product across my cheekbone. I prefer a dewy look and this was really subtle. I didn't give me any glow, and exaggerated my pores.
Too Faced Bronzed and Poreless Bronzer
I've always loved Too Faced makeup products, they are amazing, but this isn't. It doesn't blend well into my cheeks, and is too dark. It leaves an orange tint to my cheeks and does not perfect pores. I was extremely disappointed in this product.
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick - So Hap Pink
This product is not what I thought it would be. When I apply this to my lips, it leaves a line around the top or my lips and bleeds onto the skin. I find this product really hard to apply, especially with the pigmentation, the soft applicator isn't brilliant. However, the only thing that is good about the product is that it does have a great lasting power.
Max Factor Crème Puff Pressed Powder
The only thing I like about this product is the smell. It smells divine. However, the powder I'm not happy with. Firstly, it's really hard to colour match, so the colour I did pick left my skin looking orange. I wouldn't recommend this for really pale skin like mine, as I have tried different shades and they all did the same (turn my face orange). Also, I have dry skin and it made my foundation look patchy and flake.


Happy Easter!!
 Love, Chloe x